Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Business Reflection #4 - Brianna

Victoria's Secret Planning a New Store In Metro 
Article taken from Times & Transcript February 8, 2014

I was very pleased to discover the buzz I was hearing recently happens to be true. Victoria’s Secret will be opening its first store in New Brunswick; the store will be located at The Champlain mall in Moncton. To the males in the class this may not be a big deal, but to me it surely is. There is no set open date, but the word got out based on a job advertisement for a manager released on Victoria Secret website. For anyone familiar with Champlain mall Victoria’s Secret will be located on the corner where Laura Secord was previously located. To the new Victoria Secret store this is a prime location, being steps away from Bath & Body Works, as well as Sephora.


 On the other hand, Victoria Secret is also steps away from La Senza which is an off brand of Victoria Secret. Victoria Secret offers a wider variety of products, and I feel this could damage sales at La Senza. Everyone has their preference, but only time will tell what happens to the competing stores. In my opinion, having a Victoria’s Secret in Moncton will be a great move on the company’s part. Based on the popularity of the chain and the placement of the store they will do amazing at Champlain Mall. 

4 comments:

  1. I am officially super excited! I have always wanted a Victoria's Secret close by, and I am happy it is finally going to happen! I think the placement of the store in the mall is going to be fantastic! As you said, they will be close to stores that are relative to their business.
    As for La Senza, they may lose some business at first; however, Victoria Secret has much higher prices and targets an adult market; La Senza is less expensive and attracts a younger crowed. Competitors are often close to one another to keep their product in the consumers mind.
    The only thing that saddens my heart is the fact that Laura Secord is gone! They have delicious ice cream; but, when it comes down to it, I would rather have good quality bras than chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Brianna, this does effect me! And I am interested in Victoria Secret making their mark in New Brunswick, what male wouldn't. I agree that they will do well, and regardless of La Senza being direct competition, people cannot always afford the prestige pricing of Victoria Secret. They both should still do well in their respective markets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Christie was stating I am officially super exited also. this is good for us as women to know we will be able to get Victoria's Secret products. Its not fun to not have a lot of choices in purchasing these products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! I am super excited that Victoria Secret is opening up! I think this would definitely help increase business in the Champlain Mall, also considering that there are already some new stores soon to be opening up as well. Although La Senza may lose some business at first, I don't think it will be for long because I do know that Victoria Secret is a bit more expensive then La Senza. I think that everyone will buy from there at first, because they are excited for the store, but maybe not as many people later.

    ReplyDelete