Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Business Reflection #8 - Brianna

Students Get a Failing Grade on Taxes 
Article taken from Times & Transcript March 10, 2014 

The article that I am writing about today is about students and doing their taxes. Getting taxes done is an important subject, and I will admit I am one of the people who has no idea how to do my own taxes. To be honest I would love to learn how to do it, and it is my goal to learn how before next year. The article was conducted by H&R Block and they found that more than three quarters of students did not have nearly enough knowledge to do their own taxes. On a scale of 1 to 5, the average of students ranked themselves as a 2.8.

Most students in the article thought there was no need to do their taxes because they had little or no income. In reality, it is the opposite because students can qualify for credits from the tuition they pay. Everyone needs to do their taxes, especially students because they pay tuition. This article was very important to me because as business students, we should all learn how to do our taxes (or at least know how they work).  

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely one of those students that have absolutely no clue how to do taxes. One of our courses we can take is how to do taxes but as of right now I have no knowledge on the subject. It was a good eye opener to read this article and helped me realize what should be done. Everyone needs to help pay to keep this country afloat.

    ReplyDelete