Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Business Reflection #7 - Brianna

Loblaw Expands Joe Fresh
Article taken from Times & Transcript February 21, 2014

I am sure we have all seen the orange Joe sign at our local Super Value or at least seen a commercial on television for it. Joe Fresh is a discounted clothing line offered by Loblaws to in Canadian grocery stores, and some American stores as well. Recently the Joe line announced they would be expanding their stores by adding 141 stores in 23 countries over the next four years. The stores will go to such places as South Korea and Europe, and Galen Weston said it the company has a belief that Joe Fresh should be offered to an international customer base. 

Right now Joe Fresh has 300 grocery store locations, so by opening 141 more business should boom for this popular clothing line. Unfortunately, sales have not been as well as the brand would hope, and it only got worse by a factory in Bangladesh collapsing and killing 1,100 people. Joe Fresh hopes to come back from their recent drop in business, and I believe the surely can! I have seen the clothes Joe Fresh offers, and they have tons of cute children's clothes, as well as very stylish adult clothes at a great price. 

3 comments:

  1. It's always good to see some more jobs being created anywhere. Most everybody needs more work now a days. As for their clothes, I can't vouch for them personally, but my mother seems to love some of their things so I can imagine their worth buying. I hope they start doing better for themselves in these coming months/years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was at the West Edmonton Mall, in Alberta, I was impressed when I seen the Joe Fresh store, because I thought it was a clothing line that was only sold at Real Canadian Superstores (like Atlantic Grocer, Loblaws, etc.) After reading your article it's sounds to me that Joe Fresh is looking to expand their brand and make it more popular. I think some of their kids clothes are cute and durable. Great article Brianna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe Fresh does have great prices as well as a great selection, but what I don't understand is if they are not able to keep their current market engaged how to they expect to compete in the global market. This decision does not seem sound to me, would they not want to gather more brand awareness her our branch out into other retail store in Canada first, such as Walmart and Sears? They could maybe develop a new line? These are just my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete